Re: Request for Review: APT manpages

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 6:42 PM, Justin B Rye <jbr@edlug.org.uk> wrote:
> Two easy ones today: apt-key.8.xml and apt-mark.8.xml.
>
> Apt-key:
> [...]
>>      <listitem>
>>      <para>
>>
>>        Work similar to the <command>update</command> command above, but get the
>>        archive keyring from an URI instead and validate it against a master key.
>
> (s/similar/similarly/, s/an URI/a URI/)
>
> Uninflected "work" may be parallel to "add" and "output" and so on,
> but it doesn't quite make sense.  The meaning of the "add" command is
> "add a new key, please", but you're not ordering net-update to "work
> like the update command!" - the best I can come up with is:
>
>         Perform an update working similarly to the <command>update</command> command above,
>         but get the archive keyring from a URI instead and validate it against a master key.

I guess meant was something like "Works like the command above,
just differently", but this doesn't really fit into the rest of the
manpage as all the paragraphs before use this "command voice", too.

Anyway, changed to your wording.

(Rest applied and unfuzzied without a comment)

Best regards

David Kalnischkies