Request for Review: APT manpages

Hello debian-l10n-english,

I would like to ask if someone here is willing to do a (partial) review
of the manpages associated to debians beloved package manager APT.

The days in which the team included a native English speaker are
unfortunately long over (it primarily consists of Germans now,
 plus a well known french debian-(i18n-)celebrity doing l10n)
so I figure it would be a good idea to ask here for review.
Can't hurt at least - or does it? We will see…

The manpages are (in no defined order):
apt.conf (5), apt-ftparchive (1), apt-mark (8), apt-sortpkgs (1),
apt-cache (8), apt-config (8), apt-get (8), apt_preferences (5),
apt-cdrom (8), apt-extracttemplates (1), apt-key (8), apt-secure (8)
and sources.list (5).

I am not particularly sure how you like it, so I am
presenting two links as entry points to the repository:

The pot of all manpages combined: (beware: ~800 paragraphs!)
http://anonscm.debian.org/loggerhead/apt/debian-sid/annotate/head:/doc/po/apt-doc.pot

For people willing to read stuff in a bit more context:
The directory including all manpages (*.xml files) -
they are in docbook-xml format:
http://anonscm.debian.org/loggerhead/apt/debian-sid/files/head:/doc/

The pot as well as the directory includes also *.sgml files,
only guide.sgml and offline.sgml are in the pot and available for
users to read (the rest of the *.sgml files are apt developer notes).

A review of all these *.sgml files shouldn't be needed:
They weren't updated for a while (read: They were written mostly in
 the early years of APT by the original author who is a Canadian)
So if you have a limited amount of time,
look at these 2 files at last, if at all.

Alternatively you can also look at the manpages in an up-to-date
unstable environment if you prefer the visual look and feel of
a manpage over docbook-xml. (The manpages are in apt and apt-utils,
 the two sgml files can be found in apt-doc package)

Or If you really want to be hardcore:
# apt-get build-dep apt/unstable
$ apt-get source apt/unstable
$ cd apt-0.9.?/
$ make manpages
$ man ./doc/<tab><tab>

As hinted, the pot file is rather large, so I haven't attached it,
as big mails tend to be eaten, but if you prefer I can do this as well.

If you have any comments about any of the manpages I would like to
hear them. In return I can promise that you will read something about
at least one option you never heard about before in your life
(and maybe never will again, but it makes good story material for the
 next debian smalltalk… at least that is what I keep telling myself ;) )

Thanks for reading so far, happy reviewing and
best regards

David Kalnischkies

P.S.: I will properly come back to you with a request to look at the
program translations, too, but I will try to hunt for the worst errors
myself first - and I think I can reduce the amount of strings a bit as
this would be another ~600 strings, but most of them not changed in years…

P.P.S.: I am not subscribed to this list, so please keep me cc'ed.