Re: libpam-winbind package description

Jonathan Nieder wrote:

> I assume that in practice, the main problem is that anyone searching
> with "apt-cache search NetBIOS" is not going to find the package.

On second thought: looking over the current description of the winbind
package, I am already happy with it.  I guess libpam-winbind should
just say

 .
 This package provides PAM modules and NSS plugins to integrate
 winbind into the system's authentication and user/group/hostname
 lookup mechanisms.

and leave the talk of NetBIOS and detailed use cases to the "winbind"
package description.  For reference, here's that description, in case
someone has ideas for improvements.

 Samba is an implementation of the SMB/CIFS protocol [...]
 .
 This package provides winbindd, a daemon which integrates authentication
 and directory service (user/group lookup) mechanisms from a Windows
 domain on a Linux system.  User/group lookups are configured via
 /etc/nsswitch.conf, and authentication is integrated using the winbind
 module for PAM.

Context: [1].  Sorry for the unnecessary noise.

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pkg-samba/trunk/samba/debian/control?r1=3913&r2=3938