Re: [Pkg-puppet-devel] [RFR] templates://mcollective/{mcollective-common.templates, mcollective.templates}

> >> Meanwhile, there's still the question in my main template-review
> >> post: would it make sense to eliminate the templates' references
> >> to the "STOMP username/password" (default username "mcollective"),
> >> and just talk about the "MCollective username/password"?
> >
> > I think it should be named STOMP username/password. So it does not
> > depend to ActiveMQ. STOMP username/password is also needed for
> > RabbitMQ.
>
> I don't follow.  How does "MCollective username/password" imply that
> it's tied to Apache ActiveMQ?

you told me to name it "MCollective username/password". I think that
will confuse people. The configuration flag for that debconf questions
are:

plugin.stomp.host =
plugin.stomp.port =
plugin.stomp.user =
plugin.stomp.password =

So it have to be nambed STOMP username/password.

> >> And if there are hopes that the package can be made compatible with
> >> multiple alternative MQ-servers, might it even be appropriate to
> >> prepare for that by replacing the references to Apache ActiveMQ
> >> with something more generic?
> >
> > yes. But Upstream supports first ActiveMQ - so the Debian package
> > should also support first ActiveMQ.
>
> Again, I don't see how this answers the question I was trying to ask.
> Referring generically to "the Message Queue server" in the templates
> would not prevent mcollective supporting one specific implementation;
> the idea is just that it means you won't need to change the text when
> you add support for others.

ah ok sorry - yes it should be named "the Message Queue Server".

	Jonas