Re: description for new package ebook-speaker

Paul Gevers wrote:
> This package is a simple command-line program that reads the content of
> an EPUB e-book out with espeak. The issue that I have is with the
> English expression "to read out". I believe that most non-native speaker
> might not recognize that this package is not meant for the user to read
> the e-book (only the chapters are displayed), but that this program
> mostly gives audio output. I have the current description (inspired by
> my daisy-player description), but improvements are very welcome.

It works in context (in the long description), but for the synopsis
I'd suggest "reads aloud".

> Description     : eBook reader that reads out via synthetic voice
>  ebook-speaker is a command-line electronic book reader that reads out
>  eBooks using speech synthesis. (Currently only the EPUB format is
>  supported). It has a simple user interface appropriate for Braille
>  terminals.

It took me a moment to parse "command-line electronic book reader";
eBook does need to be expanded somewhere, but if you shift it you
could fit in the word "e-reader", in case anybody's searching for
that.  (Or should it be "eReader"?)

And I suppose I would suggest splitting out the bit you're hoping will
need to be revised:

   This package provides a command-line e-reader that reads out
   electronic books using speech synthesis. It has a simple user
   interface appropriate for Braille terminals.
   .
   Currently only the EPUB format is supported.

--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)