Re: Debian Project News 2011/11 frozen. Pleaase review and translate.

Filipus Klutiero wrote:
>> Moray Allan announced a <a href="http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2011/07/msg00007.html";>\
>> call for DebConf13 bids</a>.
>
> "announcing a call" is unusual. This should probably read "sent a
> call", or maybe just "called"?

If a call for bids is part of the standard routine then it can make
sense to talk about announcing it (just as one might "announce a call
for votes" on an -announce list), but I've switched it to "made a
call".

>> and add a link to<a
>> href="http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13";>DebConf13 page</a>
> Either "*the* DebConf13 page" or just "DebConf13".

The former.

>>There has also been
>> a further <q>People behind Debian</q> interview, with
>> Martin Michlmayr</a>, former Debian Project Leader.
>
> I am not a native English speaker, sorry, but I'm not 100% sure that
> "further" is the right word here.

It seems unremarkable to me (en_GB), but there is quite a bit of
interdialect variation with further/farther...

>> These images are based on Debian 6.0.2.1 and contain kernel version 2.6.38 with firmware and
>> a modified DHCP client for buggy MacOS X DHCP servers.
>
> s/MacOS X/Mac OS X/

Done.

>> Michael's request is also open also those who are not yet Debian Developers.
>
> Something's wrong with that sentence...

The second "also" should be "to".  It's also slightly odd to talk
about a request being open to people (as if it meant "invitation"),
but never mind.

>> 1099 packages were added to the unstable Debian archive recently.
>
> *Cough cough* Are we sure more than a thousand packages were added
> in a month? I see NEW being cleared, but nothing that big. The
> featured list is a lot smaller.

No idea.

> BTW, I saw that in the source, not sure what it is about:
>> ## NOTE:
>> ## should be reworded (this time only)!

I don't know either.  Is it something to do with the following item on
podcast interviews?  If so, what is it that needs to be taken into
account this time?