Re: [Debconf-team] Magazine Ad is ready!

Leandro Gómez wrote:
> Yes. The "Republic of Srpska" bit is a bug. I'll change it to "Republika
> Srpska".
>
> OTOH, I think "Banja Luka, in Republika Sprska, Bosnia and Herzegovina" is
> correct. There shouldn't be any parenthesis. You don't say "Chicago, Illinois
> (U.S.A.)".

You certainly *could* - it's not incorrect, it's just unnecessary when
there's no ambiguity to guard against.  Parentheses might also imply
that it's an afterthought added for the benefit of people who wouldn't
guess what country it's in, which is another thing you'd be more
likely to do for Banja Luka, or my home county of "Norfolk (England)",
than for Chicago.

As it happens I have a flatmate who has been on holiday in Bosnia and
Herzegovina; when I asked, she didn't even recognise that as being the
name of a country!  Though come to think of it she didn't know where
Norfolk is, either.

Anyway, enough quibbling, "BL, in RS, B&H" will do.