Re: [Debconf-team] Magazine Ad is ready!

On Montag, 30. Mai 2011, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Yes, "Republic of Srpska" is weird, imho. Yes, even if the local
> government uses it in English translations of its official documents.
>
> If I'm correct (but I may be wrong), "srpska" is an adjective in the
> original language, so the word-to-word translation would be "Serb
> Republic".

given the sensibility of the political situation, I strongly suggest to not
second-guess the intentions and rather use the official name given by it's
government.

Remember, the "The People's Liberation Front of Judea" is something very
different to the "Judean People's Liberation Front"!

Reallyreally.