Re: ports/powerpc/index.wml: squeeze release is not mentioned

David Prévot wrote:
>>> http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/
[...]
> Why not instead use something that won't need further update on next
> releases, as:
>
> 	Debian PowerPC port was first officially released with Debian
> 	GNU/Linux 2.2 (`potato').
> 	Support for PowerPC is continued since and is currently
> 	available with Debian GNU/Linux <6.0 (`squeeze')>.
>
> where <6.0 (`squeeze')> would be automatically updated?

You need something more like "has been continued", so it would be just
about workable to say:

 	The Debian PowerPC port was first officially released with
	Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 (`potato'). Support for PowerPC has been
	continued since and is currently available with Debian
	GNU/Linux <6.0 (`squeeze')>.

But talking about "support" for an architecture being "available with"
a release makes me vaguely uncomfortable.  Also, the previous
paragraph starts with "The Debian PowerPC port began...", so it feels
repetitive.  I'd prefer to just say something like:

  	It first became an official "release architecture" with Debian
	GNU/Linux 2.2 (`potato') and has retained that status ever
	since. See the release notes and installation manual for
	further information.

The fewer cobweb-traps the better - see also the out-of-date
Potato/Woody references lower down the page.

You may have noticed that I find it hard to copyedit www.debian.org
pages without being filled with an urge to throw it all away and start
from scratch... this time preferably without a "ports" directory.