Re: Updated maint-guide contents, question on style -- ELF/compiled language

Osamu Aoki wrote:
> I found one "revision" used for upstream.
>
> [3.3 end of section]
> | There is one other common problem: libraries are often different from
> | platform to platform.  For example, a <filename>Makefile</filename> can
> | contain a reference to a library which doesn't exist on the Debian
> | system.  In that case, we need to change it to a library which does
> | exist in Debian, and serves the same purpose.
>
> I changed to "version" for consistency.  OK?

I deduce that the paragraph you meant to quote was (just above):

| Whenever you make changes that are not specifically related to Debian package
| such as <filename>debian/patches/fix-gentoo-target.patch</filename>, be sure to
| send them to the upstream maintainer so they can be included in the next
| revision of the program and be useful to everyone else.  Also remember
| to avoid making your fixes specific to Debian or Linux - or even Unix!
| Make them portable.  This will make your fixes much easier to apply.

Changing "revision" to "version" there would make sense.

Also in the first line either change "package" to "packaging", or
possibly make it "that are not specific to the Debian package".