Re: [RFR] templates://phonon/{phonon-backend-null.templates}

On Thursday 31 March 2011 06:53:48 Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Quoting David Prévot (davidp@altern.org):
> >
> > Le 27/03/2011 07:59, Justin B Rye a écrit :
> > > [...] But yes, maybe we should consider
> > > changing all of them to something more purely descriptive like "Qt 4
> > > multimedia framework".  I'll put that in my new patch too.
> >
> > Please avoid “Qt 4” in short description of user-oriented packages, as
> > advised in the Developer's Reference, and prefer something like
> > “multimedia framework for KDE”.
>
> I agree that not having "KDE" written anywhere is kind of strange.

Nothing specific to KDE's software in phonon. You can easily use phonon in Qt-
environments without any trace of the KDE Platform.

> I replaced "QT 4 multimedia framework" by "multimedia framework for
> KDE" in packages' synopsis.

Please don't. KDE is people producing software.  "multimedia framework by KDE"
would be correct, but look a bit weird.

/Sune
--
I cannot reset a space bar, how does it work?

You have to debug the editor for resetting a GUI.