[LCFC] templates://phpbb3/{templates}

Le 21/03/2010 20:28, Justin B Rye a écrit :
> David Prévot wrote:

> By the way, I notice php5-cli has been promoted to a Pre-Depends.
> Is that because there are phpbb3 configurator scripts in PHP?

I think so (I am not the one who made that change), I guess it's the
database update script that has been modified in order to be run during
the package update. Is that a problem ?

>> Anyway, the goal is to (silently) automatically configure the web server
>> (apache2 or lighttpd for the moment), and permit the admin who care for
>> medium priority question, to not automatically configure it.
>
> Should it perhaps add a line explicitly saying "this will involve a
> reload, so maybe you'd prefer to dpkg-reconfigure it at some other
> time"?  (Previous similar packages haven't bothered to say that.)

The script use the "reload" functionality of the web server init script,
so it should be safe (at least for Apache 2: configuration is reloaded
unless the new conf is broken; I must check for the others).

>>> Make that "__Choices:"

I kept "Choices:" so translators might translate the choices if they
care as Christian pointed it. If we add only a new web server in the
future, I guess it will be fair not to bother translators for so few (or
ping only the translators who care, maybe only the French ones ;).

> Going back to a review of the package descriptions:
[...]
> You didn't change this line;

Sorry, I missed the copy and paste (again :/), I took your file this
time, so it should be ok.

> The phpbb3/httpd template can afford to get a bit simpler if we know
> from the start that there are going to be multiple web servers on
> the list.

At least two are currently supported.

> you can just say:
>   phpBB can run on any web server supporting PHP, but only those listed
>   can be configured automatically.

Thanks.

> That's what's in my attached version, but I'm not even sure you need
> to mention "supporting PHP" - the user doesn't need to worry about
> that while selecting from this list.  If I copied the wording from
> the last similar case to pass through, it would just be:

Simple is good for me: I don't think someone will try running a package
named phpbb, depending on a lot of php stuff, on a web server that
doesn't support php. Anyway, debconf is not the place to inform the
admin about it.

I took your last one, attached (control is the same as the one you
previously attached).

Regards

David

P.-S.: Is there anything else I should do in this list for this package
(I mean: should I send a [DONE] in a few days if there are no now
comment, in order to mention I'll start the translation process) ?

Template: phpbb3/httpd
Type: multiselect
Choices: apache2, lighttpd
Default: apache2, lighttpd
 Please select any web server that should be configured automatically
 for phpBB.