Re: [RFR] templates://webfs/{templates}

Mats Erik Andersson wrote:

Most of these corrections are fine (thanks for spotting the typos),
but:
>  Template: webfsd/web_syslog
>  Type: boolean
>  Default: false
>
> The slashes are legacy text not to my liking.

This style of parenthetical alternations where the last element is
an ellipsis (to indicate that the list is incomplete) is standard C
syntax, but I don't think I've ever seen an anglophone
non-programmer use it.  With slashes it can at least pass for some
sort of abbreviated CLI-ism; if you insist on commas then I would
suggest replacing the ellipsis with "etcetera".

> As an experienced TeX and LaTeX user, I am conscious of the notion of
> French spacing. The continental Western European and Northern European
> languages are using a single space after a full period, whereas the
> North American habit, as well as the the Anglosaxon habit, as far as I
> understand, is to use double spacing after a full stop. Anyone can
> observe the same thing in most manual pages, as well as in the kernel
> documentation. The present template file displays a handful instances
> of this single spacing, as displayed above. I need advice on how to
> implement this in any template file.

You may have noticed that I'm a habitual doublespacer, but some of
the display formats for package descriptions and so on automatically
re-wrap text, crushing sequences of whitespace, so I've never seen
the point of trying to micromanage them.