Re: [RFR] templates://webfs/{templates}

Quoting Mats Erik Andersson (mats.andersson@gisladisker.se):

> However, after reading FHS yet another time, and in spite of what I just
> wrote, I concede '/srv/ftp/' to be the default string of choice. A consistent
> use of FHS is better that an effort to guess common choices of users.

OK, then '/srv/ftp' it is...

> Regarding the text template for choosing the listening port: I do not find
> the setting of a default string to be optimal. The reason is that Webfds,
> when not recording '-p num' will take 'num=8000' for implicit, whereas the
> init.d script inserts '-p arg' only when the debconf item has non-void
> content. Thus the setting of a default string would enforce a superfluous
> command line option whenever the default choice is intended. This disrupts
> somewhat the clarity of whatever non-trivial options the commandline really
> did ask the service to grant.

What we could do is:

Template: webfsd/web_port
Type: string
 Please enter the port number for webfsd to listen to. If you leave
 this blank, the default port (8000) will be used.

So, this way, we don't enforce having a vallue in the field....and
what you want to say about 8000 being the default....is said.