Re: [RFR] templates://openoffice.org/{templates}

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 05:48:16PM +0100, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Quoting Rene Engelhard (rene@debian.org):

> >  You are upgrading from a version which might have corrupted
> >  service/component registry files (*.rdb).
> >  .
> >  Especially /var/lib/openoffice/basis3.1/program/services.rdb and the rdbs
> >  below /var/spool/openoffice/uno_packages/cache for installed extensions.
>
> This paragraph is not a sentence (no verb) which sounds odd.
>
> I'd propose merging the two paragraphs togeter:
>
>  You are upgrading from a version which might have corrupted
>  service/component registry files (*.rdb), especially
>  /var/lib/openoffice/basis3.1/program/services.rdb and the rdb files
>  in /var/spool/openoffice/uno_packages/cache for installed extensions.

Good idea. Looks better indeed.

> (I have a doubt about the use of "especially" here. I would have used
> "particularly", myself...but I'm not the best reference for this..:-)

I thought about that too when writing this, but www.leo.org at least
confirms me that especially also means what I want to say :-)

> >  If you experience problems with the component manager or segmentation faults
> >  in either unopkg or OOo which involve store, please check those
> >  (and eventually cleanly reinstall the packages and/or use a clean user profile)
>
> "OOo" might sound as jargon to unskilled users. If that template is
> likely to be seen by Joe User when upgrading from Lenny to Squeeze,
> I'd recommend using "OpenOffice.org"

It will only be used for 1:3.1.1-x -> 1:3.1.1-14 updates, not
lenny->squeeze (but for lenny-backports->squeeze...).
But can change it, no problem.

>  If you experience problems with the component manager or segmentation
>  faults in either unopkg or OpenOffice.org which involve store, please
>  check those (and eventually cleanly reinstall the packages and/or use
>  a clean user profile).

OK.

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: D03E3E70