Re: Bug#605748: Intent to NMU or help for an l10n upload of grub2 to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs
- To: David Prévot <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Debian L10n English <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Bug#605748: Intent to NMU or help for an l10n upload of grub2 to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs
- From: Colin Watson <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 18:23:39 +0000
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20101204182338.GT12396@riva.ucam.org>
- Mail-followup-to: David Prévot <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Debian L10n English <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] 4CFA715D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <[🔎] 4CFA715D.email@example.com>
On Sat, Dec 04, 2010 at 12:50:37PM -0400, David Prévot wrote:
> The grub2 Debian package, which you are the maintainer of, has
> pending bug reports which include translation updates or fixes
> for po-debconf, namely bug number #605748 (and maybe other similar bugs
> like #598568).
Before we go ahead, I'd sort of like confirmation first that the release
team would actually accept this, given that it goes rather beyond the
usual run of the mill for translation updates and that there are already
two outstanding uploads in unstable not yet in testing:
grub2 (1.98+20100804-10) unstable; urgency=low
* fix_crash_condition_in_kfreebsd_loader.patch: Import from upstream.
Fixes crash condition in case kfreebsd_* commands are used after
kfreebsd has (gracefully) failed.
-- Robert Millan <firstname.lastname@example.org> Tue, 30 Nov 2010 19:40:11 +0100
grub2 (1.98+20100804-9) unstable; urgency=low
[ Robert Millan ]
* Import from upstream:
- refuse_embedingless_cross_disk.patch: Refuse to do a cross-disk
embeddingless install rather than creating a broken install.
- fix_grub_install_error_msg.patch: Replace useless recomendation to
pass --modules with a recomendation to report a bug.
- message_refresh.patch: Make error messages visible again. (Closes: #605485)
[ Jordi Mallach ]
* Update Catalan translation with latest file from the Translation Project.
[ Updated translations ]
* Slovenian (Vanja Cvelbar). Closes: #604003
* Dzongkha (dawa pemo via Tenzin Dendup). Closes: #604102
-- Robert Millan <email@example.com> Tue, 30 Nov 2010 15:44:02 +0100
> The schedule for the NMU (in case it happens, that is if you agree with
> it or if I don't receive any answer until tomorrow) is roughly the
> Saturday, December 04, 2010 : send this notice
> Sunday, December 05, 2010 : post a NMU announcement to debian-i18n
> with you (maintainer) CC'ed
I'd like us to have a chance to do a technical review of the template
changes first, please. We can handle the upload (and it would be easier
if we did, since that would let us keep revision control in sync), but
help with translation coordination would be welcome.
Colin Watson [firstname.lastname@example.org]