Re: RE : request for review ITP for guidata and guiqwt

That says what needs saying, but it's rather a convoluted sentence.
If you changed "providing" to a full finite verb, that would make it
a bit less deeply embedded:

   Based on PyQwt (plotting widgets for PyQt4 graphical user interfaces)
   and on the scientific modules NumPy and SciPy, guiqwt is a Python library
   that provides efficient 2D data-plotting features (curve/image visualization
   and related tools) for signal/image processing application development and
   interactive computing.

(I've also moved "interactive computing" so that it can't be read as
"for interactive computing app development and signal/image processing app development".)

Part of the trouble is the preposed "Based on..." - it neatly avoids
having to start the sentence with lowercase "guiqwt", but it makes
it harder to tweak.  If I'm allowed to rip it apart completely and
reassemble it "backwards", I get:

   The guiqwt Python library provides efficient 2D data-plotting features
   (curve/image visualization and related tools) for signal/image processing
   application development and interactive computing. It's based on the
   scientific modules NumPy and SciPy, and the PyQwt plotting widgets for
   PyQt4 graphical user interfaces.

I can't tell which of these I prefer.
Perhaps somebody from the outside can help. I prefer the second
variant. Two comparatively small sentences that are easier to translate.
Unexperienced translators tend to translate from the beginning to
the end producing constructs with words of their native language but
with uncommon structure.

Cheers
  Martin