Re: RE : request for review ITP for guidata and guiqwt

PICCA Frédéric-Emmanuel quoted:
> Another suggestion (to be reviewed -- not enough satisfying to my opinion):

>  Based on PyQwt (plotting widgets for PyQt4 graphical user interfaces)
>  and on the scientific modules NumPy and SciPy, guiqwt is a Python library
>  providing efficient 2D data-plotting features (curve/image visualization
>  and related tools) for interactive computing and signal/image processing
>  application development.

That says what needs saying, but it's rather a convoluted sentence.
If you changed "providing" to a full finite verb, that would make it
a bit less deeply embedded:

   Based on PyQwt (plotting widgets for PyQt4 graphical user interfaces)
   and on the scientific modules NumPy and SciPy, guiqwt is a Python library
   that provides efficient 2D data-plotting features (curve/image visualization
   and related tools) for signal/image processing application development and
   interactive computing.

(I've also moved "interactive computing" so that it can't be read as
"for interactive computing app development and signal/image
processing app development".)

Part of the trouble is the preposed "Based on..." - it neatly avoids
having to start the sentence with lowercase "guiqwt", but it makes
it harder to tweak.  If I'm allowed to rip it apart completely and
reassemble it "backwards", I get:

   The guiqwt Python library provides efficient 2D data-plotting features
   (curve/image visualization and related tools) for signal/image processing
   application development and interactive computing. It's based on the
   scientific modules NumPy and SciPy, and the PyQwt plotting widgets for
   PyQt4 graphical user interfaces.

I can't tell which of these I prefer.