Re: release-critical bug statistics (was: Debian Project News 2010/05 frozen, please review and translate)

Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
>> I have to confess I don't  know what a "britney" is in this context,
>> but should it be capitalised?
>
> To give some more context:  "britney" used to be the script, responsible
> for migrating packages from Debian's unstable branch to the testing
> branch.  I say "used to", because it's today called "dak" (Debian
> archive kit), which does far more than what has been done by "britney".

And it runs every few hours, so "todays britney" is wrong twice over
(three times if we count the missing apostrophe).

> However, the term "britney" / "next britney run" remains existing, as it
> was that way for... over 10 years I think.
>
> As the unofficial bts still used the term "britney" it should remain
> there, too.  I tried to solve the problem, by setting it italic and
> giving a longer explanation.

There's a confusingly-phrased reference to britney in paragraph
seven, before the one you've italicised and expanded:

# We could also ignore the bugs invalidated by today's britney bug
# category, representing bugs which will vanish after the next
# migration of packages from Sid to Squeeze, but as we are only
# looking at RC bugs in both Sid and Squeeze, this number will always
# be 0 ;-)

The obvious approach is something like this:

| We could also ignore the bugs which will vanish after the next
| migration of packages from Sid to Squeeze (tagged in the
| unofficial bugtracker as "invalidated by todays britney"), but as
| we are only looking at RC bugs in both Sid and Squeeze, this
| number will always be 0 ;-)

...though it would be nice if we could make this explanation
unnecessary by fixing the label in the bugtracker.

Then lower down where you've now got:

# We count the bugs in Squeeze and ignore only those bugs which are:
#
# • hinted/delayed upload ("hinted" packages are forcibly migrated
#   from Sid to Squeeze without the usual wait)
# • merged
# • contrib
# • non-free
# • bugs invalidated by today's britney (That are packages, which
#   are already fixed in Debian's unstable branch and which will
#   migrate soon)

("That are packages" here has bad capitalisation and a number
agreement error.)

Personally I'd turn it into a sentence instead of a bulleted list:

--
JBR
Never work between meals - Norfolk proverb