Re: aeromail: Request for review

Quoting Justin B Rye (jbr@edlug.org.uk):

> Now on to the template:
> > Template: aeromail/config_management
> > Type: note
>
> Is a debconf note really necessary?  Couldn't there just be a README
> pointer in the web interface's out-of-order page?

It has to. With all respect due to Harald's care to ask for a review
before introducing a new package, I still have to say that I'm afraid
that such a note is a clear example of debconf abuse.

The best place for this information is README.Debian.

See Developers Reference and the debconf-devel manpage for details
about why this is debconf abuse and why, even though such "warnings"
seem to be a good idea, debconf is not the place for them.