Re: [LCFC] templates://linux-2.6/{linux-base.templates,templates/temp.image.plain/templates}

Quoting maximilian attems (max@stro.at):

> > + which will work with both old and new kernel versions.
> > + .
> > + The system configuration can be updated automatically in most cases.
> > + Please choose whether you want this action to be performed.
>
> sorry to jump in late, but this added phrase might be a misguide.
>
> we already had a report of a non booting box by a user,
> who choose not to perform the proposed action.
> it came to surprise to him that he had to edit himself
> fstab boot loader and so on..

From what you write, it seems that we then need to add something to
say more firmly that users *really* should let this action be perfomed
or be prepared to have serious trouble at next reboot.

Something like:

 The new Linux kernel version provides different drivers for some
 PATA (IDE) controllers. The names of some hard disk, CD-ROM, and
 tape devices may change.
 .
 It is now recommended to identify disk devices in configuration files
 by label or UUID (unique identifier) rather than by device name,
 which will work with both old and new kernel versions.
 .
 If you choose to not update the system configuration automatically,
 you must update device IDs yourself before the next system reboot
 or the system may become unbootable.