Re: [RFR] templates://qmail/{qmail.templates}

Jon Marler wrote:
> I didn't see any emails from Justin.  Did he perhaps send it to
> just the list?  If the package descriptions need an update, please
> let me know when you file the bug.

Sorry, I was Ccing qmail@packages.debian.org, but it didn't occur to
me to include you directly.
 http://lists.debian.org/debian-l10n-english/2010/03/msg00071.html
 http://lists.debian.org/debian-l10n-english/2010/03/msg00072.html
 http://lists.debian.org/debian-l10n-english/2010/03/msg00074.html

You'll notice I've been much more successful at finding problems
than suggesting solutions.  Still, I've managed to scrape together
a possible replacement control.real (attached); it needs some more
content, and a lot more positive spin!

In particular it needs some sort of summary of its status in Debian.
The question readers are going to be asking is "what's Qmail doing
in non-free if it's public domain now?", and I have no idea what the
answer is.
Source: qmail
Maintainer: Jon Marler <jmarler@debian.org>
Section: non-free/mail
Build-Depends: dpkg-dev (>= 1.4.0.20), patch (>= 2.5-0bo1), fakeroot | sudo, groff-base, adduser, po-debconf
Homepage: http://qmail.org
Standards-Version: 3.8.0

Package: qmail
 Qmail is a secure, reliable, efficient, simple mail transport and
 delivery system designed by Dan J. Bernstein in 1995 as a replacement
 for Sendmail.
 .
 Some of its innovations, such as its modular structure and support for
 maildir format, have since been adopted by other mailers, though others
 have proved more controversial.

Package: qmail-src
Architecture: all
Depends: dpkg-dev (>= 1.4.0.20), patch (>= 2.5-0bo1), build-essential, fakeroot | sudo, groff-base, adduser, libc6-dev
Conflicts: qmail-run, qmail-uids-gids
Recommends: ucspi-tcp-src, procmail
 Qmail is a secure, reliable, efficient, simple mail transport and
 delivery system designed by Dan J. Bernstein in 1995 as a replacement
 for Sendmail.
 .
 To build a local binary package of qmail, first install this package, then
 type the command "build-qmail". You will also need to use ucspi-tcp-src to
 build ucspi-tcp, which is a dependency of qmail.
 .
 Packages built in this way are compliant with the FHS and Debian Policy,
 but are not redistributable.