Re: phpbb3 templates, asking for advice

Quoting David Prévot (davidp@altern.org):

> I plan to work on integration of other web servers (lighttpd to begin
> with), maybe with other features, so I guess it would be better to work
> on this part before asking for review (we might add a few question).
>
> Is it OK to change completly the template to make it like something that
> has already been reviewed (like smbind or dokuwiki, or any other webapp
> you already reviewed and you could point me to) ? Is there anything I
> can do to keep the translations as they are (the meaning will be the
> same) if some translators don't propose an update ?

The best is probably picking templates from one of the existing webapp
and adaptthem for phpBB.

Then, if phpbb3 doesn't have existing translations, you can just pick
debian/po from that other webapp and run "debconf-updatepo". This will
bring the translations but they'll be marked as "fuzzy" (which you can
test by running, for instance,
"msgfmt -o /dev/null --statistics debian/po/fr.po")

Then you issue a call for translations ("podebconf-report-po
--call"). This way, the translations from the other package will be
reused for this one and you save most of translators' work.

PS: more details in French by private mail.