Re: [RFR] Description and templates for package dotLRN

Hector Romojaro wrote:
> W: dotlrn: using-question-in-extended-description-in-templates dotlrn/pg_grant_access

Drat, I remembered that "Type: boolean" templates are allowed to ask
questions but I forgot that only means in the short description.
I'm out of practice!

> The template is:
>
> Template: dotlrn/pg_grant_access
> Type: boolean
>  Should the PostgreSQL configuration in pg_hba.conf allow the
>  dotLRN user access?

The quickest way of turning that into something technically
non-interrogative with no change in meaning is via "specify
whether".

> How should i rewrite this? Maybe something like this?

>  Answering yes, the installer will modify the PostgreSQL
>  configuration stored in pg_hba.conf in order to allow the
>  dotLRN user accessing the database.

Be careful about direct references to the installer - especially
ones that can be read as implying that it's doing the answering!  In
principle debconf might not label the answers as "yes" and "no".

   Please specify whether the PostgreSQL configuration in pg_hba.conf
   should allow the dotLRN user access.

Or maybe:

   Please specify whether /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf should allow the
   dotLRN user to access the database.