Re: Request review of gpdftext package description

Hi,

On Saturday 26 December 2009, Neil Williams wrote:
> The current Debian package description is:

>  gpdftext opens a simple text-based PDF file, typically
>  intended for reading on an ebook reader and loads the
>  text into a text editor window, autoformatting the text
>  for long lines and paragraph breaks.

This first paragraph can be misleading as it explains the use of PDFs before
telling what the program does to them. I think it is safe to assume that people
who look for PDF viewers (or editors) know what ebook PDFs are used for.
Therefore you could just say something like:

"The gPDFText reformats ebook PDFs for easier reading. It loads the text content
of simple text-based PDF files into a text editor window, autoformatting the
text for long lines and paragraph breaks. The text can be then exported to
another PDF file for reading."

Cheers,
Edu

--
Esko Arajärvi - edu@iki.fi - +358-50-5446844
"Only idiots quote signatures." -Antti Kuntsi (at his .sig)