Re: [RFR] Smuxi po templates

Mirco Bauer wrote:
> What about:
>
> msgid ""
> "After you have made a connection the list of available commands
> changes. Use the /help command again to see the extended command list."

Yes, that's good.

>>> #: ../src/Engine/Session.cs:574
>>> msgid "Invalid paramater for network, use list, switch or close"
>>> msgstr ""
>>
>> Ditto.  (Oh, and as a bonus, Oxford comma:)
>>
>>   msgid "Invalid parameter for network; use list, switch, or close"
>
> "or" gets an extra comma but "and" not? Funny language :-P

Did I miss one with "X, Y and Z"?  Most en_US styleguides prefer
lists of more than two items to have a comma before the final
conjunction, regardless of whether it's "and" or "or".  The rule's
less solidly established in en_GB, though, so I often overlook it
myself... and it's far from being a strict rule of English grammar.

[...]
> Hm about the underscore usage... I am used to that for IRC. Maybe I
> should simply remove the emphasis as it's used as part of an exception
> message which can not use highlevel formatting codes (such as pango
> markup).

I only noticed it because some of these strings have underscore to
indicate a hotkey letter.

>> I spy a typo in the sourcecode ("Stetic"), but that's outside
>> d-l-e's jurisdiction!
>
> Hehe, nice catch but that's not a typo. The GUI designer is really
> called "Stetic" in MonoDevelop :)

Oh, Google tells me it's named that because some trolltech fan
couldn't spell "aesthetic".  Fair enough then.

> Thanks a lot for your review!
>
> Should I now wait for more reviews or prepare and send a RFR2 already?

You might get comments from another timezone, but d-l-e's been quiet
recently.