Re: [ITR] templates://gpsd/{gpsd.templates}

Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> unfortunately I had to modify the gpsd template again to make the user's life
> more easy after I got some bug reports about problems during the upgrade. I've
> attached the new template file and a diff to the old one, could you please
> review the changed parts?

Mutt was having trouble with that .diff - for some reason it's
tagged as "Content-Type: application/pgp-keys".

> Template: gpsd/daemon_options
> Type: string
>  You can give additional arguments when starting gpsd; see gpsd(8) for a
>  list of options.
>  .
>  Do not use '-F' here, the control socket path is set with a different
>  debconf question.

That needs stronger punctuation and shouldn't talk about debconf -

   Do not use '-F' here. The control socket path is set by a separate
   configuration question.

Or maybe just:

   Do not use '-F' here. The control socket path is set independently.

> Template: gpsd/brokenconfig
> Type: error
>  Do not specify a control socket (using the -F option) within
>  the options to gpsd. It as added automatically using the value you've
>  specified in the gpsd socket debconf question.

Again s/debconf// - in principle you aren't meant to expect users to
care about debconf, though here the rule probably isn't as strict.