Re: Request for review: xz-utils package description

Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> Thoughts?

The only thing I notice now is that the punctuation doesn't follow
the debian-l10n-english "standard" (which isn't mandatory, but I'll
mention it anyway).

> Package: liblzma0
[...]
>  The native format of liblzma is XZ; it also supports raw (headerless)
>  streams and the older LZMA format used by lzma.  (For 7-Zip’s related
>  format, instead use the ‘p7zip’ package.)
>  .
>  For more information on the XZ format, see the xz-utils package.

Using double inter-sentence spacing where we normally use single
(it'll get crushed to single anyway in some display mechanisms).

Using single-quotes where we normally use double-quotes; but why
quote that one and not lzma or xz-utils?

Also your quotes and apostrophes are in utf-8, which is legal but
still mildly unconventional for package descriptions.

> Package: xz-utils
[...]
>  The XZ format is similar to the older LZMA format but includes some
>  improvements for general use:
>  .
>   * ‘file’ magic for detecting XZ files

Here quotes are useful.  We like bulleted lists to have semicolons
and then a final period - that is,

    * support for flushing the encoder;
    * uncompressed chunks.

(Uncompressed chunks are a good thing?)