meta-pedantry [Was: Re: Help to improve new package (djmount)]

Chris Bannister wrote:

Wait a minute, you mean other people are reading this stuff?

> On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 09:51:56PM +0100, Justin B Rye wrote:
>> This is a strange thing to be skeptical about.  You do at least
>> recognise that they see it as a jargonism?  They can tell that from
>
> What is the difference between "that they see it as a jargonism?" and
> "that they see it as jargon?" IMNSHO, the latter would be correct.

If I say "filesystem" is "jargon", I'm pointing at a characteristic
of the word itself; if I say it's "a jargonism", I'm pointing at the
fact that somebody's jargonising.  But even if they meant exactly
the same thing, that wouldn't mean one of them was incorrect.  In
natural languages, there's almost always more than one way to do it.
--
JBR	For trifling occasions it is better to accomplish things
	simply by yelling - _Hagakure_, Yamamoto Tsunetomo (1716)