Re: Help to improve new package (djmount)

Dario Minnucci (midget) <debian@midworld.net> offered:
>  djmount is a UPnP AV client. It mounts as a Linux filesystem the media content
>  of compatible UPnP AV devices.

I think UPnP AV should be expanded on first use.  I think I can guess
what they are, but not it's better not to need to guess.

The second sentance maybe should be "It mounts the audiovisual content
of compatible UPnP AV devices as a Linux filesystem."

>  .
>  Djmount discovers automatically all UPnP AV Media Servers on the network, and
>  make the content available in a directory tree. All shared files (e.g. Audio

"make" should be "makes".

[...]
> .SH DESCRIPTION
> This manual page documents briefly the
> .B djmount
> commands.

"describes" may be better than "documents".

"commands", or "command"?  Is there more than one?

> .PP
> .\" TeX users may be more comfortable with the \fB<whatever>\fP and
> .\" \fI<whatever>\fP escape sequences to invode bold face and italics,
> .\" respectively.
> \fBdjmount\fP is a UPnP AV client. It mounts as a Linux filesystem the media content of compatible UPnP AV devices.
> .PP
> \fBDjmount\fP discovers automatically all UPnP AV Media Servers on the network, and make the content available in a directory tree. All shared files (e.g. Audio or Video files) are directly visible and can be played using your favorite media player.

Same comments as the description.

> .SH OPTIONS
> These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long
> options starting with two dashes (`-').
> A summary of options is included below.
> For a complete description, see the Info files.
>
> .TP
> .B \-h, \-\-help
> print this help, then exit
>
> .TP
> .B \-\-version
> print version number, then exit
>
> .TP
> .B \-o [options]
> mount options (see below)
>
>  \-d[levels]  enable debug output (implies \-f)
>  \-f          foreground operation (default: daemonized)
>
> .TP
> Mount options (one or more comma separated options) :

There should be no space before colons - same mistake later in manpage.

>  iocharset=<charset>    filenames encoding (default: environment)

"from environment" may be better than "environment"

[...]
>  '\-d' alone defaults to 'upnpall,debug,fuse,leak' i.e. all traces.

Replace "i.e." with "which is".  Better to use English than Latin.

Hope that helps,
--
MJR/slef