Re: help to improve the tango package.

Hi,

On Thursday 13 August 2009 14:32:57 Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel wrote:
> I attache the final control file to see if everythings is fine.
>
> then with your approval, I will submit it to the upstream.

Some little corrections:

Package: libtango7-doc
Section: doc
Architecture: all
Depends: ${misc:Depends}
 TANGO is an object-oriented distributed control system using CORBA. In
 TANGO all objects are representations of devices, which can be on the
 same computer or distributed over a network. Communication between
 devices uses CORBA and can be synchronous, asynchronous or event driven.
 .
 The object model in TANGO supports methods, attributes and properties.
 TANGO provides an API which hides all the details of network access and
 provides object browsing, discovery, and security features. Permanent
 data is stored in a MySQL database.
 .
 TANGO is being actively developed as a collaborative effort between the
 ESRF (www.esrf.eu), Soleil (synchrotron-soleil.fr), Alba (www.cells.es),
 and Elettra institutes (www.elettra.trieste.it).
 .
 This package contain the documentation for the libtango6 library.

"libtango6" -> "libtango7" in the last sentence

Package: tango-starter
Section: net
Architecture: any
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}, tango-common
 TANGO is an object oriented distributed control system. It allows
 communication between TANGO device processes running on the same
 computer or distributed over the network. These processes can
 provide services to the control system all over the network, such as
 hardware control or data processing.
 .
 This package provides a TANGO device control server. It can start, stop,
 or report the status of other TANGO components.

Should that be "It can start, stop, and report..." (i.e. "and" instead of "or")?

Package: tango-accesscontrol
Section: net
Architecture: any
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}, tango-common, tango-starter
 TANGO is an object oriented distributed control system. It allows
 communication between TANGO device processes running on the same
 computer or distributed over the network. These processes can
 provide services to the control system all over the network, such as
 hardware control or data processing.
 .
 This package provides a TANGO accesscontrol server. It can be used to
 manage the users and IP addresses that are permitted to access TANGO
 devices.

"accesscontrol" -> "access control" in both short and long description

Cheers,
Edu