Re: help to improve the description of remotetea package

Le Mon, 3 Aug 2009 17:30:44 +0100,
Justin B Rye <jbr@edlug.org.uk> a écrit :

> Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel wrote:
> > MY mentors told me to send an email to your list to improve the
> > description of my package.
>
> (Apologies if the CC is unwelcome)

No problem it seems that I am not a suscriber of the list.
so do not hesitate to CC.

> > Package: remotetea
>
> Shouldn't it be called something like "libremotetea1-java"?
>
> http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/java-policy/x105.html

Yes I already red this java policy and I need to send an email to the
debian-java list to have some clues about the split of the package
with the right names.

> Is it the one and only implementation of Sun TLA/TLA for Java?
> If it has rivals, you should mention the features that make it
> special - it might also be helpful to explain why its developers
> chose to call it "RemoteTea" instead of something obvious like
> "SunRPC"!

I need to ask the main author about this choice.

> Oh, and you don't need to say it's a package.

yes ;)

> Suspiciously, a google search for "AUTH_NONE AUTH_UNIX AUTH_SHORT"
> finds a page of Remote Tea documentation as its top hit.  Do other
> people ever refer to them in these terms, or should it be translated
> into something less technical?

Maybe it would be better to speak about different kind of
authentifications instead of thoses enums.

> Here's my attempt:

>    This package implements Sun's Open Network Computing Remote
> Procedure Call specification (see RFC 1831, RFC 1832, RFC 1833) in
> pure Java. .
>    It supports:
>     * RPC calls over TCP/IP as well as UDP/IP;
>     * both client and server functionality;
>     * portmapper querying;
>     * authentication types AUTH_NONE, AUTH_UNIX, and AUTH_SHORT
>       (on both client and server sides).
>    .
>    The utility jrpcgen is provided to compile .x files into Java
> classes.

How can I add a comment in the changelog to specify that you were the
guy who wrote the Description ?

Thanks

Frederic