Re: [Pkg-ia32-libs-maintainers] Please consider interacting with translators when introducing/modifying new debconf templates

Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> writes:

> Quoting Christian Perrier (bubulle@debian.org):
>
>> > Lets get this package setteled first. I have no idea if it will have
>> > the same question text or even same debconf templates in a month or
>> > two.
>>

>> In such case, I'd suggest to avoid marking the debconf templates for
>> translation when introducing them...but, anyway, now it's done.... so,
>> wouldn't it be good to "fix" the templates for the few very obvious
>> things we could:
>>
>> - avoid interrogative form in synopsis for ia32-apt-get/allowed-packages
>> - shorten the enumeration in that template to avoid multi-paragraph
>>   that wastes space
>> - fix a few typography problems such as space before ellipsis and the
>> like
>> - drop possessive form ("your <foo> file")
>

> Goswin, have you made your mind about reviewing these debconf
> templates or not?
>
> We could do a quite basic review at first, just to allow a quick
> translation round, then maybe come back on these strings later if you
> happen to need changing them.
>
> Jonathan Wilshire seems ready to do such review.

I'm going to adapt the proposed changes. But the translations at the
moment are probably a waste of time for now as they are most likely
changing a lot again.

Should I remove the _ from the templates till I'm satisfied there are
there to stay?

MfG
        Goswin