Re: [RFR] templates://nut/{nut.templates}

2009/3/19 Justin B Rye <jbr@edlug.org.uk>
Arnaud Quette wrote:
>>  +   hardware. The server monitors the UPS and notifies its clients when the
>>  +   UPS is on or has a low battery.
>>
>> [...]
>
> you're misreading, but the sentence is not so well formed too:
> you should read "is on battery or has a low battery".

Ooh ow.

yep, that's also why your proofreading work is so important guys!

>    NUT is a client/server monitoring system that allows computers to share
> +   uninterruptible power supply (UPS) and power distribution unit (PDU)
> +   hardware. Clients access the hardware through the server, and are notified
> +   whenever the power status changes.

Looks good.  Unless I've missed something, that means the current
candidate version is as attached.

including Christian's further mod. (name cap.), this suits me fine.

There is only one minor thing about:

Package: nut-xml
Architecture: any
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, ${misc:Depends}, nut (>= 2.2.2)

it's better to remove the "MGE" mention from the synopsis because:
- MGE UPS SYSTEMS is mostly dead,
- MGE Office Protection Systems (aka MGE UPS SYSTEMS units up to 10 KVA) has been bought by Eaton. And Eaton is now standardizing on its name.
So in the end, both MGE will disappear :(
- finally, as for the SNMP driver (and some others), it's a generic driver. so the more generic and non exhaustive we are, the less changes in the future ;-)

thanks again,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops