Re: [RFR] templates://sysstat/{sysstat.templates}

Christian Perrier writes:

Hi,

> Finally, the reviewed templates will be sent to the package maintainer
> as a bug report, and a mail will be sent to this list with "[BTS]" as
> a subject tag.

I've read your version of templates and it already looks better than the
mine. I'm looking forward to seeing the final version.

>  Template: sysstat/enable
>  Type: boolean
>  Default: false
> - If this option is enabled the sysstat package will collect (using the cron
> - daemon and init.d script) binary data concerning system activities and store
> - them in log files within /var/log/sysstat/ directory.
> + The sysstat package can collect, through a cron
> + job and a daemon launched during system's initialization, binary data concerning system activities. This data is then stored
> + in log files located in the /var/log/sysstat/ directory.

The part about the daemon launched during start-up might be a bit
misleading and I would suggest either rewriting it a bit or just
removing entirely so that only the cron job would be mentioned.
The sysstat's init.d script doesn't spawn any daemon, but just runs a
command which saves the timestamp of system restart in logs and then exits.

Thanks,
robert