Re: [LCFC] templates://unattended-upgrades/{templates}

Quoting Justin B Rye (jbr@edlug.org.uk):

> "Configuration file prompts" replaces "conffile prompts", right?

Yes. I went on that after the initial review. "conffile" being obvious
jargon, I tried to unjargonize this.

> Fair enough, I'd missed that, but now that I see it spelled out it
> occurs to me that not all answers to install-time questions are
> stored in files - some set up symlinks, setuid bits etc.  Does it
> really mean "debconf prompts"?

No, this is more about questions asked by dpkg when a new version of a
configuration file is provided.

> How about just saying "and checking for configuration prompts"?

That would be less true. The point is only about configuration files
"conflicts" between the version provided by the maintainer and a
locally -modified version.