Re: [RFR] gpgdir package

Hi,

Justin B Rye wrote:
> Franck Joncourt wrote:
>>  Gpgdir supports recursively descending through a directory in order to
>>  make sure it encrypts or decrypts every file in a directory and all of
>>  its subdirectories.
>>  .
>>  In addition, gpgdir is careful not to encrypt hidden files and
>>  directories. Other features include the ability to interface with the
>>  wipe program for secure file deletion, and the ability to obfuscate the
>>  original filenames within encrypted directories.
>
> There's nothing much wrong with the English, but there's something
> slightly odd about the logic... gpgdir makes absolutely sure it
> processes every single file, and additionally it leaves some out?
> Going and looking it up I find it does have a --no-recurse option,
> though there's no sign of an --all.  So how about:

Oops, I forgot to add the url of the project.
It works recursively by default as you have noticed.

Reading the description one more time, I see your point of view, and you
are right :)

I will check more carefully my package next time.

>    Gpgdir encrypts or decrypts every file in a directory, and by default
>    also recursively descends through any subdirectories, processing their
>    contents (but leaving out hidden files and directories).
>    .
>    Other features include the ability to invoke "wipe" for secure file
>    deletion, and the ability to obfuscate the original filenames within
>    encrypted directories.

That is nice.

I am going to update the package with your new description.

Thank you again.

--
Franck Joncourt
http://debian.org - http://smhteam.info/wiki/