Re: [RFR] Please check English translation of ttf-ipafont license

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 01:14:54 +0900
Hideki Yamane <henrich@debian.or.jp> wrote:
>  Thanks Justin, I missed, so I'll see it later :)

 Now I've updated it. see again at same URI.
 http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-fonts/packages/ttf-ipafont/debian/copyright?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

 and I don't change some legal jargon. Maybe it is less-meaning, but
 it's better, I think.

> I'm not a programmer; I don't have any version control systems
> installed, so the review at the end is based on an HTML-to-text
> conversion of that URL.  I hope that's okay.

 Cerntainly.
 (I'm not a programmer, too, and even if not a professional translator
  or a lawyer ;-)

> Do they say "Program", or do they use a Japanese word?

 Yes, they say it in Japanese Katakana words, "デジタル・フォント・プログラム"
 so I'll use this "Program".

 (Can you see above Japanese words? if not, I would recommend you to
  install ttf-vlgothic pacakge, haha :-)

> Ah... that makes it a bit clearer.  The word we're looking for might
> be "Distinct", or even "Original" (the opposite of "Derivative").

 Okay, I'll use "Distinct" (and want to replace s/.../lovely kittens/g,
 because I love cat rather than penguin :)

--
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/iijmio-mail.jp
 http://wiki.debian.org/HidekiYamane