Re: Review request for twiki-ldapcontrib's debconf templates

Olivier Berger wrote:
> I'd welcome your review of twiki-ldapcontrib's debconf templates.
>
> The package is in unstable now, but you may also have a look in my SVN at :
> http://picoforge.int-evry.fr/websvn/filedetails.php?repname=twldapdeb&path=%2Ftwiki-ldapcontrib%2Ftrunk%2Fdebian%2Fpo%2Ftemplates.pot&rev=0&sc=0

Or to put the material right here in the mailinglist:

 # SOME DESCRIPTIVE TITLE.
 # Copyright (C) YEAR THE PACKAGE'S COPYRIGHT HOLDER
 # This file is distributed under the same license as the PACKAGE package.
 # FIRST AUTHOR <EMAIL@ADDRESS>, YEAR.
 #
 #, fuzzy
 msgid ""
 msgstr ""
 "Project-Id-Version: PACKAGE VERSION\n"
 "Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: twiki-ldapcontrib@packages.debian.org\n"
 "POT-Creation-Date: 2008-05-27 14:35+0200\n"
 "PO-Revision-Date: YEAR-MO-DA HO:MI+ZONE\n"
 "Last-Translator: FULL NAME <EMAIL@ADDRESS>\n"
 "Language-Team: LANGUAGE <LL@li.org>\n"

(All these PACKAGEs and LANGAUAGEs and so on should be filled in; I
don't speak po, so I won't try to do it myself.)

 #. Type: note
 #. Description
 #: ../templates:1001
 msgid "LdapContrib topic not installed"
 msgstr ""

("Topics" in this context being buildingblocks of a Twiki; I'll
assume that would be obvious to anyone installing this.)

 #. Type: note
 #. Description
 #: ../templates:1001
 msgid ""
 "The LdapContrib package's topic (TWiki.LdapContrib and its attachments) was "
 "not installed, as the default TWiki data files were not available in TWiki's "
 "defaults path (under /var/lib/twiki/data/TWiki/)."
 msgstr ""

(Is "installed" here being used in some sense that Twiki-admins will
understand, or is there a risk they'll be as confused as I am?  It
needs at least to change "Twiki's defaults path" to something like
"the default Twiki path" or just "the standard location".)

 #. Type: note
 #. Description
 #: ../templates:1001
 msgid ""
 "Maybe you need to install TWiki's \"default Topic Set\" first (see /usr/"
 "share/doc/twiki/README.Debian), then reconfigure twiki-ldapcontrib."
 msgstr ""

 #. Type: note
 #. Description
 #: ../templates:1001
 msgid ""
 "In any case, the LdapContrib files can be found in /usr/share/twiki-"
 "ldapcontrib/twiki-data.tar.gz (and twiki-pub.tar.gz) for manual installation."
 msgstr ""

(Are all these paragraphs part of the same note?  Under what
circumstances would it be displayed, and what is the administrator
expected to do about it?)

Meanwhile in the package description:

  This package offers basic LDAP services for TWiki and offers
  authentication of TWiki users by binding to an LDAP server as well as
  incorporate LDAP user groups into TWiki's access control.
  .
  Take a look at http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Plugins/LdapContrib
  for more info.
 Homepage: http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Plugins/LdapContrib

I'd suggest just using something like:

  This package supports Twiki user authentication via an LDAP
  server, as well as TWiki access control based on LDAP groups.
 Homepage: http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Plugins/LdapContrib