Re: [RFR] templates://snort/{snort.templates,snort-mysql.templates,snort-pgsql .templates,snort-common.templates}

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 07:51:33AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Many other *.templates files are changed as well, but all changes are
> repetitions of these ones (templates files are very complicated in
> that package....I hope I didn't mess up with all these repetitions).

For reference, the templates are generated using a TEMPLATE of templates. If
you take a look at debian/rules you'll see this:

update-templates: debian/snort.TEMPLATE.templates
debian/snort.DATABASE.templates debian/snort-mysql.ADD.templates
debian/snort-pgsql.ADD.templates
        cd debian && sh generate-templates.sh
                cd debian && debconf-updatepo

So the files to update through this review are the following:
debian/snort.TEMPLATE.templates, debian/snort.DATABASE.templates,
debian/snort-mysql.ADD.templates, and debian/snort-pgsql.ADD.templates.
The other .templates files are just a combination of these. For example:

 snort.templates = snort.TEMPLATE.templates

 snort-mysql.templates = snort.TEMPLATE.templates + snort.DATABASE.templates
 + snort-mysql.ADD.templates

Seems convoluted, but it's the best way I found to make it easier to have
common templates for different packages and making sure I did not introduce
small differences that would make translator's work more difficult.

Regards

Javier