Re: [RFR] templates://egroupware/{egroupware-core.templates}

Quoting Peter Eisentraut (peter_e@gmx.net):
> Christian Perrier wrote
> > Double spaces dropped (general consistency among packages)
>
> Double spaces after a sentence are standard in English.  Changing that would
> be wrong.

That's debated. Typographically speaking, they should be spaces with
1.5em wide....just like in French or German. Strangely, in electronic
texts, *some* English users, most often originating from USA, do use
double spaces, which is *not* standardized at all.

As there is quite some discrepancy in Debian texts, we've chosen to
suggest removing the double spaces in debconf templates and packages descriptions.

> > There is no more apache2, apache-perl, apache-ssl packages. So, this
> > template is obsolete.
>
> You ought to be reviewing the 1.4 packages; they contain newer templates.  I
> don't intend to spend any effort on finetuning the 1.2 packages.

We generally *don't* review stuff from experimental.

> >  Template: egroupware/header/password
> >  Type: password
> > - You must choose a password for the header admin user.
> > + Please choose a password for the header admin user.
> >
> > Consistency among packages for such prompting.
>
> I think it would be better if you spend some effort on implementing a proper
> password prompt in debconf that does the double prompting and comparing
> automatically insteading of trying to convince dozens of packages to agree on
> a common wording.

Well, that's an longrunning idea of a "common-templates" package for
such stuff. It just needs someone to work on it and then convince
package maintainers to adopt templates from such package with
debconf's REGISTER command.

In the meantime, we try to at least have some convergence.