Re: Description for pycha

Vincent Bernat wrote:
> Sorry for being such a burden, but I would like to get some feedbacks on
> another package description. :)

Rest assured I wouldn't be bothering if it felt like work!

> Homepage: http://www.lorenzogil.com/projects/pycha/
>
> Package: python-pycha

The description makes it sound like an executable; I had to read the
homepage to be sure it was a library.  (Not being a Pythonist I
always expect those to have package names like "libfoo-lang".)

Wait, this is a *different* Python charting library from
python-pychart?  Yes, clearly it is.

It will after all have Cairo (libcairo2 or python-cairo?) in its
dependencies and long description; Python also has a debtag and is
already signalled twice in the packagename!

>  This Python package allows to draw variety of charts (pie, line, bar)
>  using Cairo as backend. Its goals are:

   PyCha is a Python library for drawing a variety of charts (pie, line,
   or bar) using Cairo as backend. It aims to be:

Or if "pie, line, bar" is an incomplete list, that should be "(pie,
line, bar, etc.)".

>   - Lightweight
>   - Simple to use
>   - Nice looking with default values
>   - Customization.

For consistency with the other adjectives:
    - Customizable.

(But personally I'd avoid a bulleted list for something this basic:
"It aims to be simple, flexible, lightweight and attractive.")

>  It won't try to draw any possible chart on earth but draw the most
>  common ones nicely.

"Any possible X on earth" is a slightly sprained idiom.  The second
"draw" there should be "draws" or "will draw".  And "nice" is faint
praise, especially when repeated.  Neatly?  If it's "bonita", maybe:

   It can't draw every kind of chart imaginable but it does draw the
   commonest ones prettily.