Re: Description for sshproxy

Vincent Bernat <bernat@luffy.cx> wrote:
> OoO En cette soirée bien amorcée du samedi 29 décembre 2007, vers 22:05,
> Justin B Rye <jbr@edlug.org.uk> disait:

(What an over-the-top attribution, but at least it's there.)

[...]
>  An  SSH proxy allows  users to  connect without  having to  remember or

,s/^ An  SSH proxy/ This SSH proxy/
# or
,s/^ An  SSH proxy allows/ A SSH proxy that allows/

>  share the passwords or the keys  of the remote site. They first connect

,s/^ share the passwords/ have the passwords/

>  to the proxy  using their own credentials then  the proxy initiates the

,s/credentials then  the/credentials and then the/
# or
,s/credentials then  the/credentials.  Then, the/

>  connection to  the remote site  using, for example, the  root password.
>  Access right lists  (ACLs) are used to check that  a user is authorized

# explanation should match the abbreviation
,s/Access right lists/Access control lists/

>  to connect to a given remote site.

[...]
> I  don't keep the  suggestion of  MJ ("ssh  gateway based  on permission
> lists, not  keys or passwords") since  it is a bit  misleading since the
> user still have to use keys or passwords to connect to the proxy. I hope
> the new long description is more informative.

Fine by me.

Thanks and season's greetings,
--
MJR/slef