Re: Description for sshproxy

OoO En cette soirée bien amorcée du samedi 29 décembre 2007, vers 22:05,
Justin B Rye <jbr@edlug.org.uk> disait:

> Vincent Bernat wrote:
>> Package: sshproxy

> It's possible you want to rework this as something like:
[...]

Thanks for  all the suggestions.  Mixing suggestions from  MJ, Christian
and you, I get (extra spaces will be removed):

Package: sshproxy
 An  SSH proxy allows  users to  connect without  having to  remember or
 share the passwords or the keys  of the remote site. They first connect
 to the proxy  using their own credentials then  the proxy initiates the
 connection to  the remote site  using, for example, the  root password.
 Access right lists  (ACLs) are used to check that  a user is authorized
 to connect to a given remote site.

Package: sshproxy-backend-mysql
 An  SSH proxy allows  users to  connect without  having to  remember or
 share the passwords or the keys  of the remote site. They first connect
 to the proxy  using their own credentials then  the proxy initiates the
 connection to  the remote site  using, for example, the  root password.
 Access right lists  (ACLs) are used to check that  a user is authorized
 to connect to a given remote site.
 .
 This package provides the MySQL backend.

Package: sshproxy-client
 An  SSH proxy allows  users to  connect without  having to  remember or
 share the passwords or the keys  of the remote site. They first connect
 to the proxy  using their own credentials then  the proxy initiates the
 connection to  the remote site  using, for example, the  root password.
 Access right lists  (ACLs) are used to check that  a user is authorized
 to connect to a given remote site.
 .
 This package provides clients to connect to sshproxy.

Package: sshproxy-extra-plugins
 An  SSH proxy allows  users to  connect without  having to  remember or
 share the passwords or the keys  of the remote site. They first connect
 to the proxy  using their own credentials then  the proxy initiates the
 connection to  the remote site  using, for example, the  root password.
 Access right lists  (ACLs) are used to check that  a user is authorized
 to connect to a given remote site.
 .
 This package provides extra plugins: console-extra, acl-funcs,
 logusers, alternate-login, remote-logging and telnetclient.

I  don't keep the  suggestion of  MJ ("ssh  gateway based  on permission
lists, not  keys or passwords") since  it is a bit  misleading since the
user still have to use keys or passwords to connect to the proxy. I hope
the new long description is more informative.

>> Package: sshproxy-client

> Here you mean wrappers around (/usr/bin/)ssh itself, right?

Yes.

> Have you got a "Homepage: http://sshproxy-project.org/"; header?

Yes. It was not included in the cut'n'paste.
--
BOFH  excuse #80:  That's  a great  computer  you have  there; have  you
considered how it would work as a BSD machine?