Re: [RFR] templates://jspwiki/{jspwiki.templates}

Just so you know, I (the package maintainer) try to only address
questions you have concerning the functionality. I'm not a native
English speaker (as you can easily tell from the templates), so I'll
let you handle the wordings :)

Justin B Rye <jbr@edlug.org.uk> writes:
> But if RCSFileProvider invokes /usr/bin/rcs, shouldn't jspwiki have
> a "Suggests: rcs" (with an explanatory note in the description)?

Yes it should. Thanks for catching this.

> Tomcat 4 was last seen as a Sarge contrib package, and JSPWiki has a
> hard dependency on Tomcat 5.5!  This template is pointless, or
> should at least say:

Yeah, this is pretty irrelevant for new installations. I'm not sure,
however, if this can be entirely dropped, as old configurations need
to retain their value. If it can, I'll drop it entirely.

> However, I'm translating this "blind"; I don't understand what it's
> trying to say will happen if the page storage mechanism I selected was
> (say) RCSFileProvider, or what happens if I pick "nothing" here, or
> indeed why I should care.

I think this option should be just dropped. It really isn't something
that the user or the administrator should care of. Theoretically you
could write your own AttachmentProvider and use it, but then you
probably aren't using debconf to manage the config file.

>  * The dependencies say it's tomcat5.5 or nothing.

This is due to the fact that getting JSPWiki to run under Jetty isn't
trivial (but entirely possible, at work we use JSPWiki exclusively
under Jetty), so I've never gotten around to it. In a perfect world
JSPWiki would depend on either Tomcat or Jetty (or any other servlet
container available in Debian).

> So really it might as well be:

>     JSPWiki is a simple wiki engine which runs in a Java servlet container
>     and keeps all of its formatting in flat JSP (Java Server Page) files.

This sounds good to me.

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *