Re: [RFR] templates://uw-imap/{ipopd.templates,uw-imapd.templates}

Christian Perrier skrev:

> Please send reviews as unified diffs (diff -u) against the original
> files. Comments about your proposed changes will be appreciated.

Not sure if I break your rules here - I have comments (is that what you
call a "review"?) and have simply responded to the mail and quoted what
I'd like to comment on...

In general, I find your proposed changes very good. Thanks a lot!

> + pop3:  POP 3 on TCP port 110 with TLS support;
> + pop3s: POP 3 on TCP port 995 with SSL support;
> + pop2:  (obsolete) POP 2 on TCP port 109 with TLS support.

I suspect this will autowrap with some debconf frontends. Double
(indented) newlines was used for that reason.

> + The uw-imap daemon supports simultaneous listening on several ports.

I believe this should instead be "simultaneously" here. But I am
anon-native speaker too, so I am only guessing...

> - NB! The Maildir storage format is currently not supported.
> + The Maildir storage format is currently not supported.

Whoops. That note should actually be dropped - Maildir has been
(re)added to recent versions of uw-imap.

> - NB! Non-encrypted network transport is discouraged and requires special
> + Non-encrypted network transport is discouraged and requires special
>   configuration of the c-client library to work.
>
> Ditto. I'm not entirely convinced that this belongs to the package's
> description, though.

Agreed. Let's just drop it!

>   This package contains helper tools for the libc-client library:
> -  * mailutil: a utility program which helps manage email mailboxes (both
> -    local and IMAP/POP3/NNTP)
> -  * dmail: an MDA (Mail Delivery Agent) for use with procmail
> -  * tmail: an MDA for use with the system mailer (e.g. sendmail, postfix,
> -    etc.)
> +  - mailutil: utility program which helps manage email mailboxes (both
> +              local and IMAP/POP3/NNTP);
> +  - dmail:    MDA (Mail Delivery Agent) for use with procmail;
> +  - tmail:    MDA for use with the system mailer (e.g. sendmail, postfix,
> +              etc.).
>   .
>    Homepage: http://www.washington.edu/imap/
>
> We standardized that method for bulletting. Also indent things
> better. Leading articles removed.

Is that indentation standardized too? Would you happen to know where I
can read more about these new standards?

Again, thanks for your great work!

 - Jonas