Re: [LCFC] templates://openslp/{libslp1.templates}

MJ Ray wrote:
> Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
>
> It should be "IP-multicast-enabled".  A similar phrase is correct here:
>
>>  network, so please consider upgrading to a multicast-enabled kernel.

Yes, good idea.

>>  to discover/advertise services on the network. It can be used for
>>  anything from locating a suitable printer in the neighborhood to
>>  discovering what LDAP directories are available in the organization.
>
> Are we -ise (yay!) or -ize (boo!) ?  We probably should pick one or
> the other for these descriptions, especially in the same paragraph.
> (This appears is every description.)

Actually even the locales that make it "organization" and
"neighborhood" have "advertise" (and, elsewhere in the original
version, "exercising").  Which illustrates the problems that arise
when people skilled in one system try to use the other; better to
let people who have a strong background in/attachment to either
en_US or en_GB stick to using the one they know.

However, when we're helping people without such a background to fix
up their English, the obvious standard to go for is localization.
--
JBR
Who is already on record elsewhere as booing both