Re: [RFR] templates://zope-common/{templates}

On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 07:10:55AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote......

>  Template: zope-common/remove-instance-without-data
>  Type: select
>  _Choices: abort, remove and continue
>  Default: abort
> + An old/incomplete ${instance} instance was found in
> + /var/lib/zope${zver}/instance/${instance}, with no Data.fs file Data.fs.

Is this an accidental repeat of the word Data.fs?

> + This installation is either incomplete or incompletely removed.
> + .
> + Choosing 'abort' will allow you to inspect the state of the
> + instance.
> + .
> + Choosing 'remove and continue' will remove /var/lib/zope${zver}/instance/${instance}
> + and reinstall ${instance}. Existing logfiles in
> + /etc/zope${zver}/${instance} will be preserved.
>
> I'm not completely sure about the change in tense, here. Maybe
> Frenglish influence.

Seems OK to me.

>  Template: zope-common/keep-data-on-purge
>  Type: boolean
>  Default: true
> - Purging the data files of a zope instance on package purge
> - results in loss of all data of the zope instance. The data
> - files for this instance are stored in
> + Purging the data files of a Zope instance on package purge
> + results in loss of all data of that instance. These data
> + files are stored in

How about:

when purging the package, the data files for a Zope instance will
also be purged, resulting in the loss of all data for that instance.
These data files are stored in

>   /var/lib/zope${zver}/instance/${instance}.
>
> s/zope/Zope
>
> Avoid repetition
>

>  Template: zope-common/admin-user
>  Type: string
>  Default: admin
> - Please enter an admin user for the zope instance '${instance}'.
> - A valid user name starts with a letter, followed by letters and digits.
> - .
> - NOTE: Once the instance has been created, the parameter entered
> - here isn't relevant anymore.  To change the admin user (and password)
> - later on, call:
> + Please enter the login name of the administrative user for the '${instance}' Zope instance .
> + A valid login name starts with a letter, followed by letters and digits.
> + .
> + This will only be used for the instance creation. To later change the
> + administrative user login name and password, please use the following
> + command:

How about:

This will only be used for instance creation.  Please use the
following command to change the administrative user login name and
password at a later time:

>   .
>   /var/lib/zope${zver}/instance/${instance}/bin/zopectl adduser <user> <password>
>
> I am unsure about "starts with a letter"...

Hmm. It seems OK but how about:

A valid login name starts with an alpha character, followed by
additional alpha characters and digits.

>  Template: zope-common/admin-password
>  Type: password
> - Please enter a password for the admin user. The password must not be empty.
> - The password is deleted from the configuration database, once the
> - instance is sucessfully created and cannot be recoverd.
> - .
> - NOTE: Once the instance has been created, the parameter entered
> - here isn't relevant anymore.  To change the admin user (and password)
> - later on, call:
> + Please enter a password for the administrative user. The password
> + must not be empty.  The password is deleted from the configuration
> + database, once the instance is sucessfully created and cannot be
> + recoverd.

No need for the comma. Spelling correction (successfully and
recovered).

Please enter a password for the administrative user. The password
must not be empty.  The password is deleted from the configuration
database once the instance is successfully created and cannot be
recovered.

> + .
> + This will only be used for the instance creation. To later change the
> + administrative user login name and password, please use the following
> + command:

This will only be used for the instance creation.  Please use the

--
Kevin Coyner  GnuPG key: 1024D/8CE11941