Re: [RFR] templates://boxbackup/{boxbackup-client.templates,boxbackup-server.templates}

Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> writes:
> Please find, for review, the debconf templates of boxbackup.
>
> This review will last from Saturday, June 02, 2007 to Tuesday, June 12, 2007.
>
> Please send reviews as unified diffs (diff -u) against the original
> files. Comments about your proposed changes will be appreciated.
>
> Your review should be sent as an answer to this mail.

Thank you very much for your work on this!

I agree with all of your changes, only this:

>  Template: boxbackup-client/backupMode
>  Type: select
> -Choices: lazy, snapshot
> - Boxbackup client supports two modes of backup:
> +__Choices: lazy, snapshot
>
> Choices can be translated

The boxbackup documentation and the software itself is not
translated. These two words are configuration option in the config file,
and I would find translating them in debconf confusing, because a user
of the boxbackup package would have to "reverse translate" them to
understand what this debconf question is all about. I therefore ask this
option to be not translated.

The other suggestions look very reasonable to me. (and I feel a bit
silly now for writing lousy debconf templates ;).

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4