Re: Package descriptions for sigit and ipp2p

(dle people, keep Rasmus CC'ed as I assume he's not subscribed)

Quoting Rasmus Bøg Hansen (moffe@zz9.dk):
> Hi
>
> As english is not my native language, I'd really appreciate if anyone
> could do a quick proof reading of my package descriptions for sigit
> and ipp2p:
>
> sigit:

utility to change mail signatures randomly

Rationale:
-no article as recommended by best packaging practices
-mention that signatures are mail signatures

>  This small utility changes signatures in random order.
>  It is compatible with all email and news
>  clients that use $HOME/.signature although the
>  signature file can be called anything. It works over
>  NFS and can even handle multiple signature files.

"can be called anything" sounds incorrect to me. Let's have native
speakers reformulate as my own rewrite would probably be too Frenglish

>  .
>  The utility to manipulate signature databases,
>  sigitdb, is also included.

Tha package also includes a utility aimed at databases handling,
calles sigitdb.

>  .
>  Homepage: http://www.redhead.dk/

Should be hard-formatted:

 .
  Homepage: http://www.redhead.dk/

> ipp2p:

netfilter extension compatible with peer-to-peer traffic

>  IPP2P is a netfilter module that recognizes peer-to-peer (P2P)
>  traffic. P2P raffic can be prioritized low or even blocked to

traffic

P2P traffic can be either blocked or assigned with a low priority to ensure....

>  ensure a shared internet link does not get overloaded with
>  P2P traffic.
>  .
>  This package contains the iptables extension for IPP2P. You
>  will need a kernel module compiled from the ipp2p-source
>  package too.

> ipp2p-source:

See above

>  IPP2P is a netfilter module that recognizes peer-to-peer (P2P)
>  traffic. P2P raffic can be prioritized low or even blocked to
>  ensure a shared internet link does not get overloaded with
>  P2P traffic.

See above

> ipp2p-modules-_KVERS_:

See above..:)

>  IPP2P is a netfilter module that recognizes peer-to-peer (P2P)
>  traffic. P2P raffic can be prioritized low or even blocked to
>  ensure a shared internet link does not get overloaded with
>  P2P traffic.

See above..:)

>  .
>  This package contains the compiled kernel modules for _KVERS_.
>
> TIA!

Thanks for taking care to have your packages' descriptions reviewed.